Saturday, August 13, 2011

I can see the light...

Black and White and Red All Over is this close to being finished. Well, the top anyway. And I am dying to post pictures of it... but it's a Christmas gift. Which means it has to stay under wraps until December. Boo. I'll be quilting it using my embroidery machine... which I've only done once before. I'm excited to see how it turns out, but a little nervous...

In other crafty news... When I finished the varigated purple baby afghan (see previous posts), I pulled out some leftover yarn that had been sitting around for a few years and started on an afghan for my dog. Or, more specifically, an afghan to protect the couch from my dog. The afghan I'm using for that purpose now is one I crocheted in high school--my first project that wasn't a scarf--and it's being slowly destroyed. Hopefully I can get the new couch armor done before Byron completely kills it.

But the problem is... the new Byron-blanket is boring. The colors are bland (chosen because they'll hide dirt pretty well), and I'm just doing a very basic double crochet, back and forth and back and forth. And I'm making the stitches as tight as possible (dog nails!), which is not my preferred way of doing things... so my hands get tired faster.

So I started another crochet project. It's a gorgeous, oversize lacy scarf in a varigated purple boucle yarn. I don't think I'm going to even touch the Byron-blanket again until it's finished. (And I'm pretty sure I'll finish my next crochet project--fillet crochet baby blanket featuring DUCKS!--before I get around to finishing the Byron-blanket.) I'd show you a picture of the scarf... but it's another Christmas present.

I foresee that this blog is going to be exceptionally boring and pictureless until after Christmas. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment