Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Forgive me, Husband, for I have fallen off the wagon...

Well, I wasn't all that *on* the wagon to begin with... but I had decided that I wouldn't buy any more yarn until at least the new year and probably not until after we move next summer. (Theoretically, I will be making some sort of effort to actually use all the bucketfulls of yarn in my closet between now and then.) And I had declared that I wasn't going to buy any fabric during the month of August.

But the mister has been gone for a while now. He got home last Friday evening, only to turn around again and leave Monday morning for at least another week, if not longer. And even though I'm pretty used to him being gone, it still makes me sad. And you know what helps to deal with a case of the sads?

Fabric! And yarn! And Eeyore appliques!

I brought home some adorable Christmas fabric (that I picked with a purpose in mind, I swear! It's in the washer right now--I'm cutting it tonight.), three giant skeins of a yarn that I *hate* working with, but is perfect for a pattern that I plan to use for several Christmas gifts, and an Eeyore applique. Because I love Eeyore. And he totally understands what I'm going through.

I'm four blocks away from finishing the top of Black and White and Red All Over, about two-thirds of the way through Christmas-present scarf, and am determined to make SERIOUS PROGRESS this week while I'm alone with the dog.

Yes, Byron. Daddy left us. But he'll be back. And while he's gone, we're going to be productive. Really productive. Well, I'll be productive. You'll sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment